Tanbark Cavalcade of Roses Horse Show now with new Morgan division
The Tanbark Cavalcade of Roses Horse Show, Minnesota’s largest and most competitive Saddlebred show, will be better than ever! The 59th annual show will be held June 26-29, 2013, at the State Fairgrounds in St. Paul, Minnesota. With a week between Tanbark and the Midwest Charity show, it will be easier for stables to attend both shows.
Judging the show will be: Allison Deardorff (Molalla, Oregon), Lisa Waller (Heiskell, Tennessee) and Bill Waller (Heiskell, Tennessee). A three-judge panel will judge Saddlebreds, equitation and open classes. Lisa Waller will judge Morgan classes.
A new Morgan division has been added to Tanbark with approximately 24 classes, including English, Western, Hunter, Driving, Classics Pleasure and Park classes.
Tanbark is more than just a horse show. It’s full of special features like ASHA Junior Judging, banners in the Tanbark Hall of Champions to recognize great horses, exhibitor parties, baskets of goodies for sponsors, hospitality galore and that warm Minnesota welcome.
Here are some of the things that make Tanbark terrific.
- NEW: Roving dinner carts will come to your stalls as you set up on Monday evening.
- A free tack stall for stables new to Tanbark or if stables haven’t been to Tanbark since 2010 and enter at least 5 horses.
- Kids who love Saddlebreds and horse shows can try their skills at judging as part of the ASHA Junior Judging program. Top young judges will be honored with ribbons and awards.
- Tanbark is a USEF-rated show for Saddlebreds, Morgans and Hackney Ponies, so horses can earn points toward a “CH.”
- We’re encouraging people to wear pink and orange on Friday evening and we’ll sell pink and orange ribbons with proceeds going to our local American Cancer Society and Multiple Sclerosis chapter.
- The Tanbark Hall of Champions where you can honor your special horse with a banner hung in our party area. Funds support our hospitality.
- A stick horse class, followed by an ice cream social for participating kids.
- A growing vendor area for your shopping pleasure.
- A silent auction that benefits the show’s charities.
Watch for our new website – www.Tanbarkhorseshow.com – coming in early April as your one-stop place for Tanbark information.
Tanbark offers a complete schedule of 150 classes for Saddlebreds, Morgans, Hackney Ponies and equitation, including UPHA Classics, qualifying classes for all the equitation finals, Saddle & Bridle Working Western, and academy classes.
You’ll love Tanbark’s outstanding exhibitor hospitality. Sponsor a class for $150 or more and receive a box seat and ringside treats in a Goodie Bag. Enjoy daily exhibitor parties and events, a wonderful hospitality area and one of the finest center ring displays anywhere. The food service in the Coliseum serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a wide variety of items, including many healthy choices. In keeping with the show’s rose theme, all winners get a rose bouquet with their trophy. Championship trophies are from Radon, Inc.
Tanbark supports some great causes. Tanbark proceeds benefit the We Can Ride therapeutic riding program, Saddlebred Rescue, American Cancer Society, and National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Upper Midwest Chapter.
Exhibitors can browse the vendor area on the grounds, including the ever-popular garden plant sale. And the fairgrounds are just one mile from attractions like beautiful Como Park and its zoo, conservatory and golf course for a relaxing break between horse show sessions.
Tanbark is approved by the United States Equestrian Federation, American Saddlebred Horse Association, Tri-State Horseman’s Association, Minnesota Saddlebred Horse Association, Mid-America Horse Shows Association, Iowa Horse Shows Association, American Saddlebred Association of Wisconsin, and American Hackney Horse Society.
Show managers are Sally Snyder Tesch and Doug Lindstrom. For more information, please contact Sally at (763) 559-4896, email@example.com , or Doug at (715) 386-3966, firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.horseshowcalendar.com for a premium book and entry forms. LIKE us on Facebook and watch for our new website – www.Tanbarkhorseshow.com – coming in early April.