American Saddlebred Museum Art Contest returns
The Museum’s Young Adult Committee is once again hosting an Art Contest! The contest will be divided into two categories: Photography and Art (in any media). Each category will be divided into three age divisions: Youth (14 & under), Youth (15-18) and Young Adult (19-35).
1) All work must be original and be completed by the entrant.
2) Works must be Saddlebred-related in theme.
3) Hanging artwork must be limited to a size of 8” x 8” up to 30” x 30”, including frame.
4) All frameable art must be submitted in a simple black frame with a hook or a wire for hanging.
5) Art must be free of training devices such as chains, stretchies, tailsets, etc.
6) In lieu of a submission fee, all entrants must be Museum Members. Youth membership fee is
$10 for a year.Young Adult membership is $20 for a year.
7) Art must be photographed before submission and the photo emailed (in jpg format) to
firstname.lastname@example.org in order to post artwork images on Facebook.
8) Please include your name, address, email address, artwork title, medium and age (for youth
only) when submitting your entry.
9) Entries must be delivered or shipped to the Museum for receipt by January 15, 2014.
Art work will be judged by a panel of experts from various genres. A winner will be selected in each of the three age divisions for both Photography and Art categories. Each winner will receive a cash prize of $100.00.
An image of each entry will also be posted to the Museum’s Facebook page where An additional prize of $50.00 will be given to the “Facebook Favorite” in each age division for both categories. The “Facebook Favorites” will be awarded to those entries receiving the highest number of “Likes” by a specified date.
Depending on the number of entries, a selection of works or all works will be on display at the Museum from February 14 through April 30, 2014. Opening night of the Art Contest (Feb 14th) will coincide with the Museum’s 2014 Exhibit Opening held during ASHA’s Annual Convention.
Please address any questions about this contest to Ashley Hallock at email@example.com. Grab your art supplies and spread the word! If you are an aspiring artist, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!