Archive February 2014
The USEF Hackney Committee has selected the six competitions at which heel measurements will be required of Roadster Pony and Hackney Roadster Pony Championship classes as defined by USEF Hackney and Roadster Division rules. The mandatory heel measurements will be taken from the first-place and fourth-place ponies in the following competitions in 2014:
- River Ridge Charity – Columbus, Ohio (April 24-27)
- Kentucky State Fair – Louisville, Ky. (August 17-23)
- All American Horse Classic – Indianapolis, Ind. (September 2-6)
- Southeastern Charity, Conyers, Ga. (September 17-20)
- Mid-America Mane Event, Springfield, Ill. (October 23-26)
- UPHA/American Royal National Championship – Kansas City, Mo. (November 11-15)
The Des Moines Springfest Horse Show, scheduled for April 24 – 27, 2014 is pleased to announce its selection of Kristen Cater, Dunbarton, New Hampshire as our 2014 horse show judge. She will judge a full schedule of events including UPHA Classics and Challenge Cup classes, Saddle & Bridle qualifiers, Open classes and Academy sessions. New this year will be a Road Horse to Bike qualifier and Championship, UPHA Adult Challenge Cup and additional walk/trot classes. The show will be held in the beautiful, state of the art, Jacobson Arena at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. We are additionally pleased to announce that the footing mix has been re-formulated in the show arena as well as the adjacent warm-up.
On the morning of February 14, 2014 during the ASHA Annual Convention and Youth Conference, Allen Bosworth, Chief Operating Officer of Erwin Penland Advertising and Chair of the ASHA’s Marketing Committee, unveiled a new and exciting marketing plan and logo for ASHA.